Dear Liar


Now it will be short because the drama is short and there is nothing more to say about it than that it was a flop. I was this drama a really whole ago. If I remember correctly, I watched Dear Liar around November last year, but I can't remember what exactly this drama was even about.

In short: There was a married couple, supposedly happy, but the wife suspected her husband of dark secrets. His sister was locked up in a psychiatric hospital and had a difficult life history. None of the family or the wife believes that her husband is hiding secrets, which only makes him more and more aggressive.

I don't know what the producers were taking while making this miniseries, but they should stop. This is one of the least coherent dramas I have ever seen. The story had no clear beginning, no logic in its development and a very rushed ending. Everything happened at a strange pace, which made it impossible to absorb even part of the story.

Creating a short show is an art and unfortunately the producers lost. The producers of Dear Liar should not focus on the shortness of the drama but on its meaning. Why make several-minute episodes if you don't know how to create them? According to MDL, there were 27 episodes, not 9 as per VIKI, so I assume that the episodes were originally 10 minutes long, not 30 minutes long. So that's even worse. There are series that have 6 or even 4 hour-long episodes and they are brilliant. You can't say much here because acting is hard to find, everyone is running around and has maybe 2 lines each, and the content is broken into a million pieces and no one can put it together effectively. Dear Liar is a total failure to me. I give it 3/10 only for the time spent on set by the actors and other staff.

Comments

Popular Posts