Hello Mr. Gu!


This drama is so mellow and neutral that I totally forgot what was it about πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ To be honest, I finished it while ago and forgot to write the review in time but now when I want to write about it, my brain is empty πŸ™ˆπŸ™Š I don't remember much so will take a moment to have a look at sneak-peaks and leave you with MDL's drama synopsis:

A CEO with an aversion to crowds enters a contractual marriage with an impoverished  heiress. With opposing personalities, they initially butt heads, only to become one another’s confidants over time. These imperfect souls help each other heal as they fall in love.


Sooooo.... The synopsis doesn't say much he? πŸ˜… I will give you some details then. We have CEO Gu Nan Zhou who is kinda a-social person and doesn't exactly have friends apart from co-workers. On the other side of the story we have Zhou Jian Qing whose family lost whole wealth but she is super druper cheerful person. To help each other out and fulfill the duty against Nan Zhou's deceased father, these 2 decide to create a contractual marriage. As they are both quite unique people, the beginning of marriage is rather bumpy. When they finally start to settle in, they are gradually moving from strangers to loved ones. 


When it comes to the main couple, it was rather irritating that they had nothing in common. I would divide this show into 60% of stupid fights beteen the lead, 20% of awkwardly sweet scenes, 10% of funny moments and 10% of secondary couple story. The fights and childlish behaviours made me feel that there was no chemistry or attraction between these two.

One thing about dramas in the concept of "me and my CEO" is constant - regardless of whether it is a Chinese or Korean production, there is always a successful woman around the CEO who wants him to herown and the new shy unknown girls that caught director's eye is extremely hindering her in achieving her goal. Here her name is Jiang Jing Xuan and you can see her in the picture bellow.

Hello Mr. Gu! contains of 30 episodes which I see as way to many. It started well but it took too much time to finish. I've seen see a lot of Well-Intended love references in the show. Mr. Gu’s character is similarly cold and strong CEO with no other purpose in life than work. He is handsome but never smiles. Family is pushing for him being married so he pick a girl and decides to marry at once so they leave him alone. Jian Qing, on the other hand, just like Xia Lin, is a girl in trouble and only a good marriage or winning the lottery can save her (in this case, it's basically the same thing).


Despite the many references to other dramas, drama is very pleasant to watch😁 Even though after a few weeks I didn't remember what exactly it was about as My Rational Life overshadowed it, I don't recall it to be hard to watch. Yes, the main character by being childish left its mark πŸ˜† but it didn't make the drama a bad memory. This is a typical oversweetened series where problems are flat and love is fluffy. Thanks to browsing the gallery on MDL and photos on Google my memory is refreshed and I remembered that the last episodes were so packed with lovey-dovey scenes that it was hard to finish it. 

I try my best not to runin this show because none of my memories indicate that it was bad. Although I can't digest the fact that I completely forgot what the series was about when I started to watch another one. This coupled with flat characters and a weak storyline makes me to give it 4,5/10 points. Dramas in my opinion should be more memorable 😬πŸ˜ͺ



Comments

Popular Posts