Love At Night .... Why was it sooo goood?


Lately I have to admit that I'm on a good streak when it comes to Chinese dramas 😎😁 Maybe Love in Time wasn't a masterpiece like The Sword and The Brocande, but it wasn't terrible either. Now I've hit something about the middle 😈 Love At Night is an interesting turn upon toxic man in female lives. I liked Qing You's stance on betrayal and her brother's relationship with an older girl. A modern woman for the 21st century 💛

Xu Qing You is a hard-working, focused woman with a senior position at a company. She is devoted to her job and is also in a relationship with Fan Yun Xi, whom she has been dating for 10 years. They are planning to wed in the near future, but when she discovers he had a fling with another woman, she is done with him. While drinking away her sudden sorrows, she recognizes a man she saw earlier that day and start to speak to him ....

The next morning, she wakes up in a hotel room with dim memories the actions of the previous evening - Qing You is sure she just spent the night with a stranger 🙊🙉 To her horror, she turns up to a meeting the next day that THE stranger is Mo Ling Ze who has taken over the operations at her company. The duo is forced to spend more time together that ever planned. They start to appreciate each other just in time to Yun Xi's desperate come back....



It used to be a simple matter to watch 30 episodes, the more the better. I loved it. But now that I know that number (or more) I'm terrified. Korean dramas got me used to the 16-episode season, without the next parts, that I have trouble focusing on longer productions 😐 Fortunately, my focus problem didn't show up in this series. Love At Night is a very well-balanced drama with not too many dragged-out or unnecessary scenes that seems to be a Chinese tendency?! 😅

I have felt in love with the maturity of the leads in both actions and decisions towards themselves and surrounding. They showed contrast between healthy relationship they have have created to compare to the toxic one she was previously in. I'm not the most happy about the ending as I was hoping for them to be a bit longer together on screen 😣 

The presenting of as many as 3 couples in one drama was a first but interesting element. It was also strange because the main couple on the screen appeared in maybe 60% of the show 😬 which should be fully theirs. The side stories were interesting, I can't say the opposite, especially her brother and her friend's but they should give them their own drama (I would watch that!) and not cram them here. The biggest problem was with the third couple was annoying and lacking in acting. I didn't feel them and hardly ever put high attention on them.

For the power couple that the producers wanted to create of Xu Qing You and Mo Ling Ze, they were not well-coordinated and or strong together. Female lead was maybe smart, successful and pretty but her trus issues were hell out of a problem. She was not good at communication either so I wonder how did she get to that possition in a company 😅 Male lead was also hardowrking and good looking but with passion radiating from his eyes. Apart from love their biggest common thing was lack of communication skills 😂

 

Don't get me wrong.... I liked the drama! 😆 The description of the drama immediately caught my attention, but I guess after the title I expected something closer to Tempted than Rational Life 😅 nonetheless I pretty much enjoyed Love At Night despite it's flaws.

WHAT I LIKED:
  1. General story - even though it had some holes it was interesting and new to me: 7/10
  2. Cast - the actors were good but not fantastic, the characters would need a little more passion and background but it wasn't bad: 7/10
  3. Main actora/characters (Zhang Yu Xi and Liu Xue Yi) - this was my first series with both of them and i enjoyed them. However, it was felt that these are not their characters. I would like to see them in other versions to confirm this thesis: 7/10
  4. Chemistry - although it did not always appear, when it was there, you could feel passion hanging above them .... the wrist grabbing 💜 7/10
  5. Drama pace - 30 episodes passed relatively smoothly: 6/10

WHAT I DISLIKED:
  1. Length and side characters - It would be niceer if producers would cut the drama by 5-6 episodes. The story of the youngest couple as sooooo unneccesary that is pains me terribly. With them being constantly in the bacgroung the drama lost in its passion: 3/10
  2. Secondary couples - should have their own dramas and not steal the show of main couple: 3/10
  3. Weak ending - a couple like them should end with a bang. It was too light and weak for them. I missed some special time just for them like in Well-Intended Love: 4/10

In overall I would give it 6,5 as it was a light and good drama. Even though I was expecting more of "adult love" 😉😉 than adult everyday life, it was a charming love story. I was looking for possesive wrist grabbing, passionate kissess and mindless love.... got what so I'm happy 😈 

Let's see what Vincenzo has for us .... 😎

Comments

Popular Posts