Favourite Korean Actresses


 It's been exactly one year since I published my list of favorite Korean actors. If I had to do this list again, a few items would change. For sure, the first number will not change even for years, but I would turn the other places upside down 🙈 A year ago, I went for looks and then talent, when I should have put the talent first. Therefore, if I would publish a men's list today, it would look more like this:
    1. Lee Dong Wook
    2. Hyun Bin
    3. Lee Jong Suk
    4. Song Joong Ki
    5. Jo Han-chul
    6. Jeong-se Oh
    7. Sung Hoon
    8. Lee Seung Gi
    9. Lee Min Ho
    10. Cha Eun-Woo
OK THAT'S IT ABOUT MEN 😈😇 Time to move on to the main topic, LADIES!

I used to watch dramas based on actors, I followed them. Now I try to focus on content and story rather than who is playing the character. I'm justo not focusing on actors but still check who plays there in general and check if there are any I don't like - among actresses it will be Kim Go-eun, and among actors Seo In-guk. I gave him 2 chances and he ruined them both, and her .... hmm I saw her once .... so I think I'll watch Little Women to assure myself that I definatelly don't like her 😆

             1. Son Ye-jin is an actress from my very first drama! I am so very grateful that I could start my Korean adventure with Crash Landing On You 💗 She is a beautiful actress with great talent which I witnessed in 3 different dramas so far. She was born in 1982 and recently gave birth to a son with Hyun Bin. I'm always curious about details of her life and next TV projects. I noticed that didn't play in many dramas but her last 3 were epic.       

                        2. Song Hye-Kyo is Ye-Jin's peer but they are also equally talented and beautiful 😍 I fought with myself for a long time with the thought which one to put first... Hye-Kyo's recent appearance on The Glory was hard to beat but the sentiment to first drama won. When it somes to Hye-Kyo talent, I saw her in 2 very different dramas so far and I'm full of admiration! This year I plan to meet her at Now, We Are Breaking Up which is apparently pretty good.

3. Jung So-Min stole my heart in Because This Is My First Life and after an epic performance in Alchemy of Souls, I'm counting down to another drama with her. She seems to be hyper talented and I sense for her a successful career. She is bearly 34 so best is yet to come! I feel weirdly conected with her because she was born almost on the same day as my husband (3 days differance) 💘 For near future I plan to see her in Monthly Magazine Home which seems to be funny little drama.

                        4. Jo Bo-Ah was actually born as Jo Bo-Yoon but changed the name for work reasons. She is 31 years old and obtained already 9 awards for her acting skills 😁 congrats! She is not only brains but also beauty. Bo-Ah has such a very unique face that I cannot stop looking and admiring her. The performances in both Tale of Nine-Tailed and Military Prosecutor Doberman were brilliant and I cannot wait till the summer when I plan to watch The Forest and of course coming soon Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 

    5. Shin Se-Kyung is an actress from my first historical drama so she could not not be on this list 💝 I saw her 3 productions and each one was better than the previous one but the role of Rookie Historian was inevitably the most suitable for her. She is a great actress that was proved in Black Knight where she was pulling the whole show up. She has 2 dramas coming up this year and I can't wait to see her again on screen. Outside of acting.... was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador for UNESCO's Korean Committee 😮 


                6. Park Eun-Bin won the "Best Actress Award" for her role in Extraordinary Attorney Woo but this drama doesn't seem to fit my likings. In my opinion watching King's Affection was way more entertraining and worth watching. Eun-Bin is versatile in her roles which I very much appreciate and I cannot wait to watch Diva of the Deserted Island which is now in production 😱 drama seems to be super unique and I feel she might make an art from it. When it comes to her age.... I was sure she was in the age of Jung So-Min but she is actually 4 years younger 😅

7. Han So-Hee is the first favorite actress of my age! And at the same time, she is the youngest on the list 👶 Along with Suzy Bae, these two are diamonds in the rough that I will be watching them grow. So far I saw 3 dramas with her, two here she was a seconday character and one where she was the lead and I adored all of them! Incredible talent and beauty in one 💖 To be honest I have a quite a list of dramas to watch with her - already realised My Name and The World of the Married and in production The Price of Confession and Gyeongseong Creature

                 8. Kim Young Ok is often called "The National Grandma" due to her numerous roles of grandma's or elderly-grandma-like-woman. Her roles are always warm and convincing. She's a true veteran of acting and I admire her for still acting in movies at 85 (the latest one coming out this year!) 🙊🙉🙈 Her roles may not be great, but she is always noticed and remembered. I wish to be like her when I reach this age....

9. Park Shin-Hye  is another actress I've only seen in 2 productions. It seems subconsciously enough for me to decide whether I like her or not. She was good in Heirs but it was in Memories of Alhambra that she showed that she can act. Plus she's gorgeous  For already long time, I'm was thinking about watching Sisyphus: The Myth with her but sci-fi serieses are not my cup of tea therefore I might switch to Pinocchio with Lee Jong Suk or Doctors as I always liked this type of productions. For a 33 year old actress she played many interesting roles! 👏👍

                    Bae Suzy is one of the few singers who are really good as actresses 😮 I had quite a problem in placing the 10th actress on this list. Apart from Suzy I was considering Seo Ye-Ji from It's Ok Not To Be Ok and Shin Min-A from Hometown Cha Cha Cha. But lately started Anna, convinced me that she should be on the list. Few weeks ago I saw Suzy for the first time in While You Were Sleeping and her acting was very much on point. I'm curious if she will play further after she went back singing 😶


So here we have my top 10 korean actresses! I will see in a year if this list will change as much as the male one did 😅 Just after these 10 ladies I would immediately place gorgeous Shin Min-A and cute Seo Ye-Ji. They are really good but can't exactly judge their acting after only one drama. Could be that if I see more of their performances someone else will be out of the list 😶 




Bye for now and see you with coming review of Love Is For Suckers!

Comments

Popular Posts